Can I eventually sell my ADU separately from the main building?


JADUs: You’ll need to record in a deed restriction for the property that the JADU cannot be sold separately from the primary home.

ADUs: El Dorado County does not require a deed restriction for ADUs. Placerville requires a deed restriction stipulating that the ADU can’t be sold separately from the primary residence. See more information here.

Get all your questions answered.


Tell us your thoughts!

Please give us feedback about ADUs in our area. If you leave your contact info, we may be able to get back to you with more information. 

If you’re looking for specific advice or information about your property and ADU, please use the contact information for El Dorado County or the City of Placerville at the bottom of this website. 

Skip to content