What if I don’t have a lot of money available right now to build an ADU?

If you have equity in your home, a cash-out refinance or home equity loan/line of credit (HELOC) might work for you. Financing is typically unavailable for homeowners with lower income and insufficient home equity, but the California Housing Finance Agency (Cal HFA) ADU Program has provided grants of up to $40,000 to qualified homeowners – check their website for the most up-to-date information.

Get all your questions answered.


Tell us your thoughts!

Please give us feedback about ADUs in our area. If you leave your contact info, we may be able to get back to you with more information. 

If you’re looking for specific advice or information about your property and ADU, please use the contact information for El Dorado County or the City of Placerville at the bottom of this website. 

Skip to content