What permits are required for ADUs and JADUs?

All ADUs and JADUs require building permits in order to start construction. Other permits are required based on location, special zones, ADU type, and other conditions. See more details below.

Get all your questions answered.


Tell us your thoughts!

Please give us feedback about ADUs in our area. If you leave your contact info, we may be able to get back to you with more information. 

If you’re looking for specific advice or information about your property and ADU, please use the contact information for El Dorado County or the City of Placerville at the bottom of this website. 

Skip to content